Sweet, fresh and satisfying, Donna Morgan’s strawberry cream cheese pie is a terrific blend of light summer berries and creamy cream cheese. I could eat this for breakfast, lunch and dinner... — and maybe for a snack, too. The best part of this recipe is it makes two pies, so you can keep one all for yourself.
See step-by-step photos of Donna’s recipe, plus thousands more from home cooks nationwide, at www.justapinch.com/strawberrypie. You’ll also find a meal planner, coupons and chances to win.
Enjoy and remember, use “just a pinch.”
WHAT YOU NEED
2 deep-dish pie crusts
1 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1/3 cup lemon juice
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cup water
1 small box strawberry gelatin
3 cups fresh sliced strawberries
• Prepare pie crusts according to package directions. Cool.
• Mix cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk, lemon juice and vanilla. Beat well. Refrigerate.
• In a small sauce pan, mix sugar and flour.
• Slowly add water to dissolve sugar and flour.
• Bring to a boil and cook until mixture looks almost clear.
• Remove from heat and add box of strawberry gelatin.
• Allow to cool
slightly before pouring over strawberries.
• Divide cream cheese mixture between two pie crusts.
• Top with sliced fresh strawberries, top with cooled strawberry glaze to cover berries.
• Refrigerate until set.
• Serve with or without whipped topping.
© 2011 Just A Pinch Recipe Club. Presented by American Hometown Media. Used with permission.