ATLANTA – The Georgia Department of Labor will host a recruitment Thursday to help the Georgia Ports Authority fill several jobs in five different occupations.
The recruitment will be held from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the GDOL’s Savannah Career Center, 5520 White Bluff Rd.
The GPA is recruiting for a variety of positions, such as, assistant operations manager, purchasing specialist, credit specialist, driver operators, and cargo handler.
The minimum requirements for each position are:
• Assistant manager: a bachelor’s degree and at least three years experience in transportation, logistics, or in the maritime industry.
• Purchasing specialist: some college and at least two years experience in the purchasing field.
• Driver operators: at least two years experience as a light truck driver and a commercial drivers license (CDL) is desired.
• Credit specialist: some college education and at least two years experience in the collection of accounts receivable, and,
• Cargo handler: at least a year’s experience as a material handler.
Applicants are encouraged to complete online applications in advance of the recruitment at www.gaports.com
For more information about the recruitment, contact GPA human resources at (912) 964-3907, or the Savannah Career Center at (912) 356-2773.