Reason for running: My passion for a quality education for all students.
Platform: To work to bring integrity, professionalism and leadership to the Liberty County School Board. If expectations are set for students to work under a set of standards for success, the elected officials should set an example and model standards of leadership. Experience matters but leadership is critical!
Top three priorities:
1. Bring pride back to our school system in all areas beginning with the community trust in the elected school board governance team.
2. Look at disbursement of funds due to equity of need to our schools instead of focusing on being divided equally in order to assure that our schools all receive chance for success.
3. Continue to add courses in both middle and high schools that allow students to explore career options in preparation for secondary choices whether that is college or the job force.
• Currently interim executive director for the Royal Arch Research Assistance of the General Grand Chapter of the Royal Arch Masons International (York Rite)
• Train substitute teachers for ESS in eight surrounding counties
• Retired educator; current L7 Georgia educator certificate
• Taught HS chorus for 10 years; middle and elementary administrator for 18 years
• Bachelors of music education; masters and doctorate in administration and supervision
• Have a basic certificate in the paralegal/legal assistant program from Armstrong Atlantic State University
• Received the Georgia Music Educators Association Administrative Leadership Award in 2002
• Named Who’s Who Among America’s Teachers in 2004-05
• Was the 2011 academic division outstanding alumni recipient at Wallace State Community College; Hanceville, AL
• Immediate past state president of Alpha Delta Kappa Honorary Organization for Women Educators; member for 32 years
• Spouse of Bradwell Institute graduate, John “Bucky” Keel
• Mother of Liberty County High School graduate, Allen