By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Long County man displaced by fire
Long County Fire

A Long County man was displaced Tuesday evening after a fire destroyed the mobile home he was renting at the Horsecreek Mobile Home Park located on Horsecreek Road.

According to Long/Ludowici Volunteer Fire and Rescue Firefighter Bob Heffley, when fire units arrived on scene shortly before 9 p.m. the mobile home was 50 percent engulfed in flames.  The man was not home at the time.  According to Heffley, he was visiting a nearby neighbor. Heffley said it appears the fire may have started from two space heaters which had been set up in the living room of the home.

Units from Walthourville’s station 16 were called to provide aid.

Long County man loses him home to fire

By: Lewis Levine

To view this video please enable JavaScript, and consider upgrading to a web browser that supports HTML5 video

Sign up for our e-newsletters