Aug. 23: A convenience store on South Main Street reported a burglary in which $1,625 was stolen. Store personnel told police they suspected a former employee.
• A suspicious vehicle spotted on Lost Grove Circle contained items that previously were reported stolen by several complainants. The owner of the vehicle arrived on scene and was questioned by police. One item, a guitar, was positively identified by the owner who reported it stolen.
• Police stopped a vehicle on Live Oak Road with an illegal tag and suspended registration, and a K-9 officer registered a positive hit on the vehicle. A search of the driver and passenger recovered marijuana and a glass pipe. More marijuana and another glass pipe were found in the vehicle during a search. Both men were cited for possession of marijuana.
• A resident of Wrenwood Drive reported a burglary in which firearms, a television, video camera, two laptops and two game systems worth $6,949 were stolen.
• Two businesses in a shopping center on Gen. Screven Way were burglarized. One business lost $600 in cash and the other lost $1,263 in cash.
• A resident of Brantley Drive told police her husband didn’t return from an emergency trip to Arkansas. The subject, a soldier, drives a 2007 silver Mustang with Georgia plates. The woman told police her husband’s chain of command was aware he was missing and had not heard from him at the time of the report.
• Police arrested a man for public indecency after he was spotted with his pants and underwear undone while sitting in a vehicle parked across the street from a local school. The man had been seen by others in several different vehicles on previous occasions, and those vehicles as well as the man were later located at a local body shop.