By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Fire displaces Hinesville couple
image1 1
Firefighters battle a fire that heavily damaged a home on West Pine Street in Hinesville on Sunday night. A couple was displaced. - photo by Photo by Lewis Levine

A Hinesville couple was displaced after a fire damaged their home Sunday night.

The fire, in the 900 block of West Pine Street, heavily damaged the home shortly after 10:30 p.m. as flames swept through the single-story residence.

An active-duty soldier and his spouse, who were at home at the time, made it out safely, along with their pet cat.

Fire Capt. Brian Darby of Liberty County Station 15 in Gum Branch said it appeared the fire started in some grease fire in the kitchen.

Darby said that when firefighters arrived, 50 percent of the wood-frame home was engulfed in flames.

The Red Cross has been called to assist the couple.

Sign up for our e-newsletters