May 1: A resident of Eunice Road reported a burglary in which $4,217 worth of household goods and entertainment equipment were stolen while he was out of town.
• A resident of McDowell Road was charged with two counts of cruelty toward a child for reportedly hitting her children before attempting to leave the residence. Responding officers observed bruises on the children’s arms and buttocks.
• A minor student at Bradwell Institute was cited for possession of a controlled substance when he was found offering what officers believed to be Percocet to another student.
• An officer found paint damage to street signs and school property near the Thornbriar subdivision, as well as to fences, mailboxes and vehicles along Tanglewood Drive, Chase Court, Primrose Drive and Sagewood, as well as Darrow Lane and Birchwood.
• Two men were charged with possession of marijuana and paraphernalia when officers conducted a traffic stop for a tag-light violation. The passenger was found with a digital scale and a baggie of a green leafy substance believed to be marijuana. The driver was charged after a search of the vehicle turned up pieces of marijuana and buds.
• Two juveniles were cited for discharge of a missile after they were found shooting a BB gun at cars as they drove over the railroad tracks at Glenn Bryant Road.
• Officers recovered 17 marijuana plants growing in a garden at Bradwell Institute after school officials received an anonymous tip from a student.
• A Taylors Creek Elementary student was arrested after reportedly threatening at least two other students with a knife/bottle opener. He was processed and released to his parents.
• A prowler was reported at a recently vacated house on Sequoia Circle. The witness reported seeing two young men try to scale a fence after no one answered the door when they knocked.
• A resident of Sequoia Circle reported an attempted burglary after someone attempted to kick in his back door.
• Two men, one a juvenile, reportedly were assaulted and robbed by a group of 20-30 men near the intersection of Glenn Bryant and Ogeechee Road.