By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Two adults displaced by fire
fire 1

A fire in the afternoon Monday Nov. 29, has displaced two adults when their single story home in the 700 block of Bacon Road, Hinesville, sustained fire and heavy smoke damage.

According to Hinesville Fire Department Public Information Officer, Capt. Alex Mason, firefighters responded to the call around 4:28 p.m. and encountered heavy smoke coming from the residence. Visible flames from an exterior right window could be seen. Mason reported the two adults who lived at the house were able to exit without injury.

Firefighters discovered the fire had also made its way into the attic area of the house as they battled the blaze which took more than 20 minutes to put out.

The American Red Cross was called to assist the family. The Hinesville Police Department, Liberty County Fire Services, and Liberty County EMS responded to the scene.

Sign up for our e-newsletters