A fire in the 100 block of Arnall Drive in Walthourville has displaced a family of 7 when their home was destroyed by a rapidly moving blaze.
According to Walthourville Fire Chief, Anthony Burns when firefighters arrived at the home, shortly before 3 p.m. today, the home was fully engulfed in flames.
Burns said the occupants of the home where able to exit safely and no injuries have been reported. According to Burns the fire may have been the result of a grease fire but it hasn’t been confirmed. Diamond Davis, 21 who grew up in the house but no longer lives there became emotional as she watched the house she was raised in, sit in ruins.
“It’s gone. It’s not coming back, I imagine if my family were in there, all of them, luckily they weren’t in there,” she said.