This is a wonderful time of the year! It is a great time to share your Christmas cheer with folks that you normally might take for granted.
Many of our local businesses work throughout the year to make customers’ shopping and business transactions a pleasure by creating and maintaining attractive locations.
Join us this month in recognizing some of these outstanding local businesses by nominating them for our quarterly Win-dex Awards. Nominations for this quarter’s Win-dex Business Recognition Awards will be accepted through Dec. 31. This quarterly awards program is our way of recognizing those attractive businesses in our community.
These businesses are owned and operated by people who have figured out that looking good makes a statement about the kind of business they run. It is good business to maintain an attractive property. It brings in more customers and helps to create a positive work environment for those who are employed there. And attractive, successful businesses benefit all of us by drawing more new businesses to our community. They make our whole community look good! Successful entrepreneurship brings more good jobs and improves the health of our area’s economy.
The Liberty County Chamber of Commerce sponsors the Win-dex Awards recognition program with Keep Liberty Beautiful. We need your help in giving local businesses the recognition they deserve.
I know this is an incredibly busy time of year for everyone, but just think how much some local business owner will appreciate being selected because you took a moment to thank them for making an effort.
Here are the main points to consider:
• Is the exterior clean and litter-free? Now, of course, that was going to be part of the criteria for a Keep Liberty Beautiful Award.
• Is the landscape well-maintained?
• Is the building exterior attractive and not in need of repair?
• Is the frontage property mowed and litter-free?
• Are the sidewalk and parking areas clean and maintained and is this area free of cigarette butts?
• Are there attractive plantings decorating the exterior?
• Have they recently upgraded or renovated? This could be a simple paint job to spruce things up, a full-scale renovation or even a new building.
• Is the entryway inviting?
• Do the efforts of this business help to improve an area in our community that would benefit from enhancement?
An additional point that could be considered:
• Is the business owner or operator a “good citizen” who works to maintain the roadway and the right-of-way where the business is located by keeping it attractive and litter-free?
•What other reasons make this business a standout?
I’ll even throw in a special holiday consideration:
• How attractive are their Christmas decorations?
Nomination forms are available through Keep Liberty Beautiful (call 880-4888) or the Liberty County Chamber of Commerce (call 368-4445). You also can email me at email@example.com. Mail the completed form to P.O. Box 889, Midway, GA 31320 or email it to me. Remember that the reason for nominating a business is a crucial part of the judging, so be sure to fully explain why your business of choice deserves this recognition. Your vote counts!
Award winners will be announced in mid-January. These businesses are doing their part to create an attractive and inviting community. We all like to be appreciated. This holiday season, share some cheer with local businesses for which you are thankful. Nominate them for a Win-dex Award.
Swida is director of Keep Liberty Beautiful.