Many local businesses work every day to make customers’ shopping and business experiences a pleasure by creating and maintaining attractive properties. Join us this month in recognizing some of those outstanding businesses by nominating them for our quarterly Win-dex Awards. Nominations will be accepted through June 30.
This program is our way of recognizing community business owners and operators who go the extra mile to keep their places in ship-shape. They have figured out that looking good makes a statement about the kind of business they run. Good customer service includes providing an inviting place to eat, shop and conduct transactions. Doing so draws in more customers, creates a positive work environment for employees and — perhaps most importantly — attracts more new businesses to the community. More enterprise means more good jobs and a healthier economy.
Liberty County Chamber of Commerce Director Leah Poole said, “The Win-dex Awards help us recognize those businesses in our community that do an exceptional job keeping their businesses clean and beautiful. People often do not realize the negative economic impact of derelict and unsightly buildings and grounds. This award helps keep that in the forefront.”
The Liberty County Chamber of Commerce sponsors the Win-dex Awards recognition program with Keep Liberty Beautiful, and we need your help to give these local businesses the recognition they deserve. Each quarter, we select two winners from your nominations.
Here are some points to consider:
• Is the exterior clean and litter-free? (Of course that would be part of the criteria.)
• Is the landscape well-maintained?
• Is the building exterior attractive and not in need of repair?
• Is the frontage property mowed and litter-free?
• Is the sidewalk and parking area clean and maintained? Is this area free of cigarette butts?
• Are their attractive plantings decorating the exterior?
• Has the business recently upgraded or renovated? This could be a simple paint job to spruce things up, a full-scale renovation or a move to a new building.
• Is the entryway inviting?
• Do the efforts of this business help to improve an area in our community that would benefit from enhancement?
• What else makes this business stand out?
• An additional point that could be considered: Does the business owner work to maintain the roadway and the right of way where the building is located by keeping it attractive and litter-free?
Nomination forms are available at the Keep Liberty Beautiful office in Midway or at the local Liberty County Chamber of Commerce on Oglethorpe Highway in Hinesville.
For information, you can call KLB at 880-4888 or the chamber at 368-4445. You also email email@example.com for a form. Completed forms can be mailed to P.O. Box 829, Hinesville, GA 31310, faxed to 880-4777 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Remember that including a reason for nominating a business is a crucial part of the judging process, so make sure you fully explain why a business is deserving of recognition.
Your vote counts, so send in your nominations by June 30. Awards will be announced in mid-July at the next Chamber of Commerce Progress through People luncheon.
Many businesses do their part to create an attractive and inviting community. Do your part and help us recognize their efforts.
Swida is director of Keep Liberty Beautiful.