Long Co. football scrimmage tonight
Long County High School’s football scrimmage will be at 7:30 tonight in Ludowici. The game was set for Thursday but was postponed due to inclement weather.
Jiu jitsu training open for ages 8 and up
Jiu jitsu training is open to participants ages 8 and older. Classes will be scheduled by appointment only. For more information, call Wolfpack Jiu Jitsu at 368-2323.
Georgia Coastal Fall League for boys
The Georgia Coastal Basketball Club will hold its inaugural Georgia Coastal Fall League for boys in grades 7-9. Call Steve Williams at 912-257-9241 for more info.
Fall League bowling at Marne Lanes
• The first Monday morning senior mixed league meeting is at 9:30 a.m. Sept. 10. League begins at 10 a.m. immediately after the meeting. The first league meeting is 7 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 4, at Marne Lanes. For more information, call 767-4866 or 369-4777.
• The first Tuesday night winter bowling league meeting is 7 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 4, at Marne Lanes. League play begins 7 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 11. For more information, call 767-4866 or 369-4777.
• The Wednesday morning hi/lo league meeting is at 9:30 a.m. Sept. 5, and league play begins immediately after the meeting. For more information, call 767-4866 or 369-4777.
• Wednesday night mixed league, made up of teams of four (two males and two females), will have its meeting at 6:30 p.m. Sept. 5. Play begins immediately after the meeting. For more information, call 767-4866 or 369-4777.
• Thursday morning coffee league meeting is at 9:15 a.m. Sept. 6. Play begins immediately after meeting. For more information, call 767-4866 or 369-4777.
• Thursday night league begins at 7 p.m. Sept. 6 and is comprised of four-person teams (two males and two females). For more information call 767-4866 or 369-4777.
• The Friday night mixed bowling league meeting is at 6:30 p.m. Friday, Sept. 7. Play begins immediately after meeting. For more information, call 767-4866 or 369-4777.
• Fort Stewart Youth Bowling will register bowlers ages 3-18 years from 9 a.m.-noon Saturday, Sept. 8 at Marne Lanes, 54 Steele Ave. No. 402 on Fort Stewart. The league starts at 9:30 a.m. Sept. 22. Call Jeff Eastlake at 369-8384 or 977-2015 or Marne Lanes at 767-4866 for more information.
Exhibition basketball game Sept. 1
Seven Ministries of Liberty County Inc., in conjunction with Georgia Coastal Youth Inc., will sponsor an exhibition basketball game at 11 a.m. Sept. 1 in Jack Carter Park.
The exhibition game will honor and showcase the South Georgia Kings 13-and-under AAU boys’ basketball team, which recently won a national championship by defeating Puerto Rico in Orlando. Honorary coaches for the game will be Liberty County Commission Chairman John McIver (red team) and Hinesville Mayor James Thomas (white team).
Bradwell Institute girls’ basketball coach Faye Baker will do the opening tip.
At halftime, there will be a martial arts exhibition by Pastor Dr. S. L. Thorne of First Calvary Missionary Baptist Church and Hinesville City Councilman Keith Jenkins. Referees for the game will be Hinesville Police Department Captain and Seven Ministries Vice President James C. Reid and Riceboro City Councilman Chris Stacy.
This event is a fundraiser for the Kings as they prepare for the 2013 season.
Food and drinks will be provided, and donations to offset the expenses incurred by travel will be accepted.
AUSA fourth annual Golf Tournament
The Association of the U.S. Army’s fourth annual golf tournament at 8 a.m. Sept. 21 at Taylors Creek Golf Course on Fort Stewart.
Cost is $50 per player, and the deadline to register is Sept. 14. The tournament will benefit 3rd Infantry Division soldiers and their families.
Lunch and door prizes will be provided. Sponsorship opportunities are available and cost from $100-$1500. Golfers have the opportunity to win a new car at a designated hole sponsored by Hinesville Ford.
For more information, call Jerry Kimble at 912-506-0226 or Joe Ford at 912-977-1077 or email email@example.com.
5K to help RHPD, Crime Stoppers
The first Squash for Josh 5K and 1-mile run will be held Sept. 22 in J.F. Gregory Park in Richmond Hill.
The 5K will start at 9 a.m., and the 1-mile run will start at 9:15 a.m.
The race is in memory of Joshua Moore, who was fatally shot during an altercation March 9, 2011, in Midway.
Racers can register online at Active.com for $15 per person before Sept. 18. Race-day registrations are cash only and cost $20 per person.
All pre-registered participants will receive T-shirts and goody bags, while those registering on race day will get goody bags with T-shirts while supplies last.
Registration and packet pick-up will begin at 7 a.m. the day of the race.
Organizers are accepting donations and sponsorships. Sponsors will have their companies’ logos placed on T-shirts. Race-day volunteers also are needed.
For more information, call Danielle Byrne at 478-956-2940 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Proceeds will be donated to the Richmond Hill Police department and Crime Stoppers.