Locals who are planning weddings — or other special, once-in-a-lifetime occasions — won’t want to miss the Bridal Event and Expo on Sunday at Club Stewart. It is set for 1:30-4 p.m. and is open to the public.
Visitors will find a treasure trove of information, help, tips and expertise in a variety of areas: hair and beauty, cakes and catering, travel and entertainment, jewelry and fashion, photography, limousines, music, and prizes.
The entrance fee is $5 for military ID cardholders and $7 for others. Registered expo attendees will receive gift bags and enter a drawing for a trip or reduced room rental fees.
Additionally, more than 200 wedding dresses will be given away to future military brides, compliments of Operation Homefront and YMCA of Coastal Georgia.
Meanwhile, Goodwill Industries and Hair by Salon Threadz will present a fashion show.
“Our 2014 bridal show and event expo promises to bring wonderful memories and a special unique experience to all attendees,” said Martha J. Jackson, catering sales director at Club Stewart.
“I am especially excited to see 200 ladies find the wedding dress of their dreams and equally proud of working closely with such wonderful sponsors and support agencies dedicated to bringing such a wonderful event to fruition,” she added.
Vendors attending include:
• Kaytrina Curtis, owner of Back Down Memory Lane, will offer several drawings. The company also will take complimentary souvenir photos of the models, comprised of wounded warriors, their caregivers and cancer survivors.
• Jessica Mattia, owner of the ItWorks! Georgia Skinny Wrap Team, will provide two demonstrations and raffle a $99 beauty care package.
• Judy Tso, a Hinesville baker with Southern Sweets and Bakery Café, will offer tasty cakes and treats throughout the bridal show.
• Stephanie Baldner, owner of Fibi & Clo, will present stylish shoes and accessories.
• Marion Atkins, owner of Atkins’ Production, will set the mood by mixing up great tunes throughout the event.
Additionally, radio stations WYNR 102.5 and WBGA 92.7 will do remote broadcasts.
For more information or to become a vendor, call 767-4717.