On Jan. 20, Bradwell Institute Future Business Leaders of America members traveled to Altamaha Technical College in Jesup for the FBLA Region 3 Leadership Conference. Competitive events consisted of online testing and/or performance events. Bradwell Institute members earned 12 Region 3 awards; seven students advanced to the FBLA State Leadership Conference, which will be March 17-20 in Atlanta.
The following students placed in their event categories:
• Ayonna James, fifth place, business communications
• Braylon Hyde, third place, public speaking II
• Jamael Smith, second place, accounting I
• Jeremy Motley, Shauquia (Monee’) Johnson and Jamael Smith, third place, parliamentary procedures team
• Shaunquelle Sapp, sixth place, intro to business
• Sideeq Heard, third place, impromptu speaking
• Aliyah McMillan, fifth place, public speaking
• Monee’ Johnson and Jeremy Motley placed in the top 10 highest scorers in state to advance to the State Leadership Conference.
Students who win at the state level will have an opportunity to advance to the National FBLA Leadership Conference in June in Orlando. Pamela Woodard serves as the Bradwell FBLA advisor. She helps students prepare for local, state and national events while developing their skills to become future business leaders.
The club is accepting donations to help pay for their trip to the state conference. Donations may be sent to Bradwell Institute, 100 Pafford St., Hinesville, GA 31313.