On Aug. 13, the Georgia Bureau of Investigation was requested to assist the Jesup Police Department in a shooting that resulted in the death of Jakari Malique Reddish, age 24, according to a GBI news release.
The shooting occurred at about 1 a.m. at a home on the 500 block of N. Fourth Street in Jesup. Reddish was located at the residence when he encountered several individuals one of whom shot Reddish multiple times, stated the GBI. Reddish was transported to Memorial Hospital in Savannah, where he succumbed to his injuries.
The investigation revealed that prior to the shooting, Reddish and his family received various threats against his life. It was also determined that the shooting took place for retaliatory purposes due to a burglary. It was reported to the Wayne County Sheriff’s Office that a burglary occurred at 95 Ridge Lane, in Wayne County, on Aug. 11. Reportedly, stolen valuables from the burglary included a safe containing a quantity of money, jewelry, and various items. During the early morning hours of Aug. 13, a portion of the stolen money was seized by the Butts County Sheriff’s Office during a traffic stop.
As of Wednesday, Aug. 21, the following individuals have been arrested:
- · Rahdal Tucker, age 24, was arrested for Possession of Firearm by Convicted Felon, Possession of Stolen Firearms, Burglary, and Tampering with Evidence.
- · Diquon Imari Wilkerson, age 22, was arrested for Burglary.
- · Antonio Jerrell Brown, age 35, Ralph Doomes, Jr., age 41, and Quartez Demonte Doomes, age 29, were arrested for Terroristic Threats.
- · Malcolm Dante Hatcher, age 32, was arrested for Criminal Attempt to Tamper with Evidence.
- · A Burglary warrant for Craig Allen Hawkins, age 26, has been secured but at this time he has not been located.
This investigation in ongoing and additional arrests and indictments referencing the murder and Georgia Gang Act are anticipated, according to the GBI news release. Anyone with information pertaining to the murder of Reddish or the whereabouts of Hawkins is encouraged to contact Jesup police at 912-427-1300 or the GBI at 912-729-6198.