By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Electrical short suspected of starting house fire
Placeholder Image

An electrical short is suspected to have started a fire early Thursday that displaced some Walthourville residents.

The residents included Daleylah Alhaqq and her 11-year-old son, according to Walthourville Volunteer Fire and Rescue Department Interim Chief Scott Jones. They were renting the home with another family, who has not been identified.

No one was injured in the blaze. Alhaqq reportedly is staying with relatives.

The fire started shortly before 5 a.m.

Jones said the short apparently happened in the residence's air-conditioning unit.

Sign up for our e-newsletters