By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Long County man injured in kitchen fire
Man suffers burns, flown to Augusta burn center
Damage from a grease fire at a Teal Mobile Home Park residence Friday afternoon. The man who lived in the mobile home suffered first-, second- and third-degree burns from trying to put the fire out and was flown to a burn center in Augusta, according to authorities. - photo by Provided



A Long County man sustained first- and second-degree burns to his face and third-degree burns to his hands and arms Friday afternoon while trying to put out a grease fire in his kitchen.


The man was flown by helicopter to the Joseph m. Stills Burn Center in Augusta, according to Long/Ludowici Volunteer Fire and Rescue Capt. Timothy Hilliard.


Hilliard said the man, whom he did not identify, was cooking in his home in Teal Mobile Home Park on Arnall Drive when the grease caught fire shortly after 4 p.m.


The man was severely burned while trying to put the fire out. When units from Walthourville  Fire and Rescue arrived they found heavy smomke and flames inside the singlewide mobile home. Hilliard said Walthourville  firefighters had the fire under control  within minutes, but the kitchen sustained heavy fire and smoke damage.







Sign up for our e-newsletters