An early Sunday morning fire has displaced three people from their Caines Street home.
According to Hinesville Fire Battalion Chief Tracy Burris, the fire began in the home’s kitchen shortly after midnight. The home was on the 600 block of Caines Street.
Burris said a couple, along with their granddaughter, lived in the home. They also had two dogs, later found deceased.
One person was injured when they went to open a door and burned their fingertip on a door knob.
The fire spread outside, burning a vehicle parked in the driveway.
The family will be staying with relatives in the area.