A tropical storm warning is in effect, with a hurricane watch still in effect, according to Liberty County EMA.
A tropical storm warning means tropical storm-force winds are expected somewhere within this area within the next 36 hours.
* Locations affected - Hinesville - Midway - Sunbury
* Wind - Latest local forecast: Equivalent tropical storm force wind - peak wind forecast: 30-40 mph with gusts to 50 mph
* Potential threat to life and property: Potential for wind 58 to 73 mph - the wind threat has remained nearly steady from the previous assessment.
* Plan for dangerous wind of equivalent strong tropical storm force due to possible forecast changes in track, size, or intensity.
* Prepare: Remaining efforts to protect life and property should be completed as soon as possible. Prepare for significant wind damage.
* Act: move to safe shelter before the wind becomes hazardous.
* Potential impacts: Significant - some damage to roofing and siding materials, along with damage to porches, awnings, carports, and sheds. A few buildings experiencing window, door, and garage door failures. Mobile homes damaged, especially if unanchored. Unsecured lightweight objects become dangerous projectiles. Several large trees snapped or uprooted, but with greater numbers in places where trees are shallow rooted. Some roads impassable from large debris, and more within urban or heavily wooded places. A few bridges and access routes impassable. Travel by vehicle or on foot increasingly difficult. Danger of death or injury from falling objects such as trees or electric wires outside. Scattered power and communications outages, but more prevalent in areas with above ground lines, which could persist for hours or days. Some poorly secured small craft could break loose from their moorings.
* Storm surge - latest local forecast: Life-threatening storm surge possible - peak storm surge inundation: the potential for 4-7 feet above ground somewhere within surge prone areas - window of concern: begins late this morning
* Potential threat to life and property: Potential for storm surge flooding greater than 6 feet above ground - the storm surge threat has remained nearly steady from the previous assessment.
* Plan for life-threatening storm surge flooding of greater than 6 feet above ground.
* Prepare: Evacuation preparations should be underway. Assemble disaster supplies and know your evacuation route. Leave if evacuation orders are given for your area.
Failure to heed evacuation orders may result in the loss of your life.
For more information go to https://weather.gov/chs - https://ready