Wondering what to make with zucchini that’s not another fritter? Try baking a couple of loaves of Diane M.’s moist pineapple cranberry zucchini bread. Your family will fall in love with this recipe. I added the optional coconut and would highly recommend you do, too.
See step-by-step photos of Diane’s recipe, plus thousands more from home cooks nationwide, at www.justapinch.com/zucchinibread.
You’ll also find a meal planner, coupons and chances to win. Enjoy and remember, use “just a pinch.”
What You Need
2 c shredded zucchini
1 c vegetable oil (can use 1/2 coconut oil melted and 1/2 vegetable oil)
1 can crushed pineapple, 8 ounces, drained
2 tsp vanilla extract
3 cup flour
1 3/4 cup sugar
2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 cup chopped nuts (macadamia or pecan)
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup coconut (opt)
• Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
• In a large bowl, combine eggs, zucchini, oil, pineapple and vanilla extract.
• In a separate bowl combine the dry ingredients.
• Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
• Fold in nuts, cranberries and coconut (if desired).
• Pour into two greased 8-inch-by-4-inch loaf pans or three small loaf pans.
• Bake larger pans for approx. 50-55 minutes and smaller pans for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown and inserted toothpick comes out clean.
• Cool for 10 minutes before removing bread from pans onto wire racks.
©2011 Just A Pinch Recipe Club. Brought to you by American Hometown Media. Used by Permission.