By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Bizarre kidnapping left man bludgeoned with a hammer
Crime scene tape

A Hinesville man was reportedly assaulted Feb. 18 in a bizarre kidnapping incident as recorded by Hinesville Police Officer Jess Lamberth.

Lamberth reported officers were called to a home in the 900 block of Shady Lane to respond to a man who was banging on a homeowners door yelling for help. The call came in around 4 a.m.

The man told Lamberth that he had been picked up from the Circle K store on West Oglethorpe Highway by a couple identified as Lakeith Adamson and Tequila Kimp.
According to the incident report the man said the couple brought him to a house in the 700 block of Friar Tuck Lane. The man, the couple and another woman were inside the home and the ma alleges that Adamson started attacking him with a hammer. The victim said he was struck several times in the face and head, while Kimp allegedly punched and scratched him on his neck and arms.

According to the man the Adamson and Kimp tied him up and placed him into the trunk of a black Chevrolet sedan. The man was able to free his hand and pop the trunk release and exit the vehicle. While the man was attempting to escape, Adamson allegedly tried to hit him again with the hammer, but he moved and avoided the hit.

The man was able to escape and sought help by banging on doors and yelling for help.

Officer Lamberth confirmed the man had blood coming from the top of his head, and he had a large laceration to his left cheekbone. He also had numerous cuts and scratches and abrasions to his neck, back, shoulder and arms.

Electrical tape was found wrapped around his neck and a length of rope and the man’s bloody shirt were located near the front door in front of the residence where he was banging on the door.

The man was transported to Memorial Health University Medical Center in Savannah for treatment.

Authorities found the home on Friar Tuck Lane and also a car matching the vehicle the victim described. When officers inspected the vehicle, blood was allegedly found inside the in the bottom portion of the trunk lid. While officers were interviewing another person at the residence Kimp began to interrupt the officer who had her detained while he concluded his interview. Adamson was found in a bedroom of the residence and refused to comply with officers and was eventually arrested. Kimp and Adamson were later charged with obstruction of an officer, kidnapping, aggravated assault, and armed robbery.

Sign up for our e-newsletters