Win a prize
Participating businesses will offer the following prizes:
• $20 & Below Accessories: jewelry gift sets ($50)
• Coastal Courier: six-month subscription and gift ($50)
• Colonial Bridal: three certificates for tuxedo rental
($150); women’s gown ($100), Castle party room
• Diva Essentials: handbag ($50)
• Enchanted Creations Home Décor & Gifts: Paint your
own pottery ($75)
• Thomas Hill Jewelers: strand of pearls ($50)
• Joy Marie’s & The Frame Gallery: holiday gift
• Jungle Jake’s: puzzle/game package ($50)
• The Heritage Bank (main office): $50 cash
• TOP Christian Book Store: electronic Bible ($50)
• Uncommon Grounds: gift basket ($65)
• VIP Office Furniture & Supply: gift basket ($100)
Shopping local contributes to the prosperity of the community and it just may foot the bill for your holiday gifts, too. As part of a program launched by the Hinesville Downtown Development Authority and the Downtown Business Partners, one customer will win a $500 downtown shopping spree. In addition, 12 downtown Hinesville businesses are offering in-store prizes totaling more than $1,100 in value.
“Customers are encouraged to visit the shops several times throughout the contest and enter as often as possible,” HDDA Director Vicki Davis said. “Our motivation is to get customers into the shops, familiar with the merchandise and begin a long tradition of supporting local shops.”
Winning entries will be drawn at each participating location at the close of business on Dec. 7 and those entries will be collected for the $500 shopping spree drawing on Dec. 8. The $500 prize will be paid out in the form of 25 $20 vouchers, which are valid at any of the participating businesses.
The first of two holiday open houses was held Nov. 19. The second and final open house is planned for Tuesday, Dec. 7 in conjunction with Christmas in the Park, which will be in the Bradwell Park and Main Street areas from 5:30-8:30 p.m.
In addition to being able to shop during the stores’ extended hours, event-goers can enjoy visits with Santa, a live reindeer display, cookie and ornament decorating workshops, holiday music, make-and-take Santa hats, costumed characters, holiday treats and the annual tree lighting ceremony.
Participating businesses will be open until 7 p.m. or later and will feature a variety of holiday promotions, including refreshments, music, activities, free gifts, specials and more.