JESUP – Georgia Department of Transportation is improving highway
infrastructure throughout Southeast Georgia. As a result, construction and
maintenance projects will continue today through Aug. 10.
All work is subject to change due to weather or other factors. Motorists are cautioned to reduce their speed while traveling through work zones, pay attention and watch for workers.
Lane closures by county are scheduled as follows:
- Interstate 95
- Southbound and northbound between Mileposts (MP) 12 to 15
- Daily single lane closures for vegetation removal operation
- Monday through Friday 8 a.m. until 5 p.m.
- Both directions from the Florida State Line to Horsestamp Church Road Rd.
- Double Lane closures for paving operations
- Sunday through Thursday 7 p.m. until 7 a.m.
Bryan and Liberty County
- MP 66 to 86 (May 21st – August 31st )
- Nightly double lane closures for paving operations
- Saturday through Friday 7 p.m. until 7 a.m.
Camden and Liberty County
- Northbound and southbound from MP 22 (Horsestamp Church Road) to MP 66
- Double lane closures for replacing pavement markers
- Friday through Monday 9 p.m. until 5 a.m.
- County Road 787 (Island Expressway) between Oatland Island Road to Elba Island Road
- Clearing, shoulder and median construction for bridge replacement
- Single lane closures in both directions
- Monday through Friday 9 a.m. until 3 p.m.
- Monday through Friday 7 p.m. until 6 a.m.
- US 80
- Eastbound between Stagecoach Road and Old Osteen Road
- Three-month lane shift required for Jimmy Deloach Extension Project (June 25 through Sept. 30)
- Brampton Rd/21 Spur
- From Hwy 21 passing through State Route 25 heading to the ports
- Single lane closures for resurfacing
- Monday through Sunday 7 p.m. until 6 a.m. (July 16th – August 7th)
- Northbound and soutbound MP 99 and the Georgia/South Carolina Bridge
- Shoulder and single lane closures for future "fog seal" placement
- Sunday through Saturday 7 p.m. until 7 a.m.
- Ramp closures including a detour sending traffic down I-95 south on the Exit 102 on-ramp to the I-16/I-95 Interchange to I-95 north
- Sunday through Saturday 8 p.m. until 5 a.m
- HWY 80
- Both directions between Falkville and Cherry Street
- Speed reduced for the interchange work at HWY 80 and Osteen Road/Jimmy Deloach Parkway Extension
- Starting Friday, Aug. 3 through November 2018
As always, for information about travel conditions on Georgia’s interstates and state routes, call 511 before getting on the road. Georgia 511 is a free phone service that provides real-time traffic and travel information statewide, including traffic conditions, incidents, lane closures, and delays. Callers can transfer to operators to request assistance or report incidents 24 hours a day, seven days a week. In southeast Georgia, you can also request CHAMP assistance by calling 511. More information is available at www.511ga.org.