On Friday, 29 Walker Middle School FBLA members competed in the State Leadership Conference in Macon. Eleven students placed on the state level, FBLA advisor Amanda Sikes said. Each student who earned a first- through fifth-place finish received a plaque and a medal. Students who finished in sixth through 10th place received a medal.
• In the community service category, Walker Middle School’s FBLA won first place in the state for conducting a blanket drive. The entry was written by Britney Milton and Ruby Norman.
• In the activities category, Walker won second place in the state for hosting meetings, fundraisers, socials, parties, guest speakers and other events. The entry was written by Hannah Golden.
• Walker Middle School FBLA also placed fourth overall in the state. Each club earns points throughout the year for activities and Walker had the fourth-highest total, Sikes said.
• Mathew Rowe: third place in small group public speaking
• Mathew Rowe: seventh place in state public speaking
• Hannah Golden: fourth place in creed recital
• Hannah Golden: fourth place in employability skills
• Josiah Jeffers: ninth place in business concepts
• Chris Carter: third place in business concepts
• Team of Marquis Dixon and Melissa Powell: sixth place in computer slide show PowerPoint
• Britney Milton: ninth place in employability skills
• JaShuan Cochran: seventh place in FBLA concepts
• Tanner Dunham: fifth place in keyboarding application
• Love Turner: 10th place in personal financial concepts
• Natalie Pattison: ninth place in proofreading and editing