By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Home of BI graduating senior burns down
Family learned of fire on their way home from graduation
BI senior house fire

It was supposed to be a night of celebration for a Bradwell Institute graduate, instead the senior was on his way with family and learned their house was on fire the evening of May 22, shortly before 9:30 p.m.

According to Walthourville Fire and Rescue Chief, Anthony Burns, the BI grad and his family of six were displaced after their home on the 300 block of Thompson Road was destroyed by the blaze.

Burns said the family had just left the graduation when they received a phone call that the family home was on fire. The graduate still wearing his cap and gown stood in silence along with his family as flames shot through the roof of the single-story home.  It is unknown what started the fire at this point.

VIDEO: BI grad, family lose house to fire

To view this video please enable JavaScript, and consider upgrading to a web browser that supports HTML5 video

Sign up for our e-newsletters