It is once again time to recognize our seniors as they graduate from high school and begin a new chapter in their lives. Please assist in making graduation a pleasant experience and reducing time during the security checks by remembering that, noise makers, alcohol, weapons, coolers, food, drinks, balloons, pets, and distracting items, such as beach balls, are not allowed in the stadiums. All bags are subject to search.
No smoking is allowed in the stadiums or on any property owned by the Liberty County Board of Education, including the parking areas. Those planning to attend either ceremony may wish to arrive early to allow time to park, lineup for a security check, and find a seat.
Both graduations will be live streamed at www.liberty.k12.ga.us/graduation2017. The live stream broadcast will be accessible 30 minutes prior to the start time of each ceremony. Video recordings of the ceremonies will be housed at www.liberty.k12.ga.us/graduation2017 for a few weeks after the graduation ceremonies.
Liberty County High
Liberty County High School’s graduation will be held at Donell Woods Stadium at 8 p.m. on Friday. Guests will be allowed to sit on both sides of the stadium and may enter through the home or visitor gates located at the entrance of the stadium. The gates will open at 5 p.m. In the event of rain, graduation will be relocated to the Liberty County High School gym. Each graduate will receive tickets to be used in case of inclement weather, and due to space limitations, only those possessing tickets will be allowed admission
Be aware of the following traffic plan to be used for the Liberty County High graduation:
Due to concerns for public safety, all vehicles will be restricted from parking along Highway 84. Parking will be limited to three sites, and a free shuttle service will be included for the off campus sites. The traffic management plan is as follows:
• Liberty County Sheriff’s Office will restrict vehicles from parking along Highway 84, one mile east and west of Liberty County High School.
• Caution barrels will be placed along the sides of the road to assist in preventing traffic from parking along Highway 84.
• Graduation attendees will be directed to park at one of the following locations: Liberty County High, Snelson Golden Middle, and Midway Middle.
• A free shuttle will provide transportation to and from Snelson Golden Middle and Midway Middle. The first shuttles will depart at 4:30 p.m. running every 30 minutes until 7 from both locations.
• There is limited parking on the LCHS campus therefore we highly recommend that you use the free shuttle that is being provided. Please note that parking on campus will be on a first come, first served basis.
Bradwell Institute’s graduation will be held at Olvey Field at 8 p.m. Saturday. Guests will be allowed to sit on both sides of the stadium and may enter through the home and visitor gates located on all four corners of the field. The gates will be open at 6:30 p.m. In the event of rain, graduation will be relocated to the Bradwell Institute gym. Each graduate will receive tickets to be used in case of inclement weather, and due to space limitations, only those possessing tickets will be allowed admission into the gym.