The Hinesville Area Arts Council and Keep Liberty Beautiful are accepting submissions for the annual Arbor Day photography contest until Feb. 10. E-mail photograph entries to firstname.lastname@example.org or deliver them on a disc to the Liberty County Chamber of Commerce office at 425 W. Oglethorpe Highway in Hinesville. The rules are:
• Contestants must be in either the 12-17 age category or the 18-and-older category.
• All entries must be received by Feb. 10 to qualify.
• Only electronic submissions are allowed via e-mail or on disc submitted to the chamber office.
• No file sizes larger than 2 MB are allowed.
• Prizes will be given to first-, second- and third-place winners.
• The contest is free to enter.
• All tasteful photos of a coastal tree will be accepted.
• Entries will be scored based on creativity, clarity, quality and closeness to subject.
• The judging panel will be comprised of members from both organizations and community residents.
All photos become property of the Hinesville Area Arts Council and Keep Liberty Beautiful and may be reprinted without notice. All winning entries will be featured in ads, fliers and on websites. An opening reception will be at 6 p.m. Friday, Feb. 18, at the Liberty County Performing Arts Center. The exhibit will then be moved to the Mills House where it will remain on display for two weeks.
For more information, e-mail email@example.com.