A security guard hiring event will be held from 9 a.m. to noon Thursday in room 243 of the Army Education Center on Fort Stewart.
The Civilian Personnel Advisory Center (CPAC), Garrison (Directorate of Emergency Services), MEDDAC (Physical Security) and Soldier for Life-Transition Assistance Program is hosting the event. Security guard, lead security guard and supervisory security guard positions are available at Fort Stewart.
The hiring event will consist of a walk-in style forum event to discuss the open positions and hiring process. Go to the following website for more information and links to open positions: https://www.usajobs.gov/.
The Department of the Army is looking to fill their open permanent security guard positions:
• Conus locations
• Security Guard (GS-05 & GS-06)
• Lead Security Guard (GS-06)
• Supervisor Security Guard (GS -07)
• Veteran restricted positions – Non-competitive appointments can be made depending on individual appointment eligibility. Please bring: resume; DD 214 (Member 4 copy); Veteran Disability Letter; SF 15 (optional); Statement of Service (if you don’t have your DD214).
The Fort Stewart CPAC and subject matter experts will be on hand to:
• Explain open positions in more detail
• Explain the Veteran Hiring Authorities used to fill these positions
• Answer any questions in a walk-in style forum
• Provide advice on applying for these positions