2010 tour schedule
• March 20-21: The Lakes at Laura Walker State Park, Waycross
• April 17-18: Meadow Links at George T. Bagby State Park, Fort Gaines
• April 24-25: Brasstown Valley Resort, Young Harris
• May 15-16: The Creek at Hard Labor Creek State Park, Rutledge
• June 12-13: Georgia Veterans Memorial Course at Lake Blackshear Resort, Cordele
• July 13-14: Stonemont Course at Stone Mountain Golf Club, Stone Mountain
• July 31-Aug 1: Jekyll Island Resort-Pine Isle Course
• Aug. 28-29: Arrowhead Pointe at Richard B. Russell State Park, Elberton
• Sept. 25-26: Highland Walk at Victoria Bryant State Park, Royston
• Oct. 23-24: Brazell’s Creek at Gordonia-Alatamaha State Park, Reidsville
• Nov. 13-14: Champion’s Cup at Little Ocmulgee State Park, McRae
ATLANTA — Young golfers have the chance to play 10 courses across Georgia during the 2010 Georgia Junior Golf Tour. Running March 20 through Oct. 24, the tour travels to all Georgia State Park Golf Courses, plus courses at Brasstown Valley, Lake Blackshear, Stone Mountain and Jekyll Island. The season-ending Championship Cup will be Nov. 13-14. Boys and girls ages 6-18 are invited to register at www.georgiajuniorgolftour.com.
"State park courses are affordable and challenging, which make them a great option for young golfers," said State Park Golf Director Arnie Page. "Golf helps children develop concentration skills, character and sportsmanship. That’s why we are pleased to be able to offer this year-long tour that can take young golfers to all corners of the state."
The 18-hole fee is $125 for boys 6-18 and girls 10-18. The 9-hole fee for girls 6-9 is $95, and additional children in the same family can register for only $60.
"This tournament is unique because we don’t charge membership fees and we allow family members to get involved," said Karl Gross, the tour’s director and PGA pro at Highland Walk Golf Course. "We even encourage parents to serve as caddies for their children."