Aug. 13: A resident of School House Road reported a burglary in which flatware, jewelry, entertainment equipment and other household goods valued at a total of $4,103 were stolen.
• Police cited a driver for marijuana possession and an open-container violation after he was stopped for a turn-signal violation at Frank Cochran Drive and Highway 196. The odor of raw marijuana was detected, and an open bottle of liquor was seen in plain view inside the vehicle. A search of the driver revealed marijuana.
• A resident of Brantley Drive reported a burglary in which a laptop, sword and video games valued at $1,935 were stolen.
• Three separate sandwich shops, all the same chain, were burglarized in Hinesville. The owner of the shops reported a total of nearly $4,200 in cash was taken.
• A Hinesville man was cited for public drunkenness after the employee of a store on East Oglethorpe Highway reported him behaving belligerently in the store.
• A resident of Forrest Lake Drive reported a burglary in which a TV, gaming equipment and a laptop valued at a total of $1,876 was stolen.