Here is today's COVID-19 report as received by the Coastal Health District.
As of 3 p.m., August 16th, there have been 12,571 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in residents of the Coastal Health District and 184 deaths.
Cases by county:
- Bryan: 732 cases, 8 deaths
- Camden: 860 cases, 7 deaths
- Chatham: 6,247 cases, 96 deaths
- Effingham: 823 cases, 5 deaths
- Glynn: 2,750 cases, 56 deaths
- Liberty: 803 cases, 7 deaths
- Long: 145 cases, 2 deaths
- McIntosh: 211 cases, 3 deaths
Timing of Reports:
It can take days, weeks, or longer for COVID-19 case-related information, including deaths, to be reported from various sources and confirmed by the State. Our daily update of COVID-19 cases and deaths reflects when a case is reported and not necessarily when a specimen was collected or a death occurred.
Any reductions are due to corrections of previous errors in the database.
You can find local case information, additional data, FAQs and other COVID-19 associated web content at covid19.gachd.org.