The American Red Cross is helping two people who were displaced when their home caught fire Tuesday afternoon.
The couple’s home on Clark Street on the Isle of Wight caught fire after a tree fell on a power pole.
According to Liberty County Fire Services Chief Brian Darby, when the tree fell it placed tension on the power line going to the residence, causing it to arc and eventually catching on fire.
Multiple units responded to the scene. One firefighter was hospitalized due to heat exhaustion. She is in stable condition.
Watch our VIDEO below.