New girls’ AAU team in town
The Hinesville Lady Hawks girls’ AAU basketball team is seeking players ages 9-14. The organization is geared to players of all levels and no child will be turned away. The team also is seeking volunteer coaches and sponsors. The initial cost to join the team is $105, which covers the cost of the uniform and registration into the AAU basketball league.
For more information, call coach Harvey Harris at 321-9150 or 570-1176. You also can visit the girls at the Fort Stewart MWR yard sale April 16.
The Liberty County Martin Luther King Jr. Association Inc. is sponsoring the 7th annual Golf Tournament of Scholarships at noon April 16 at the Cherokee Rose Country Club in Hinesville. Registration is open until today. The cost is $50 per player, $200 per team. Proceeds benefit academic scholarships for LCHS seniors. Door prizes and lunch will be provided. Sponsorships are available from $100-$1,500.
Make checks payable to MLKOA, Inc., P.O. Box 1626, Hinesville, Ga., 31310. Call Kenneth Howard at 876-3164 or Joe Ford at 408-6441.
fundamentals at hoops camp
Sessions led by South Georgia Kings founder Jessie Fleming are from 1-3 p.m. every Sunday at the YMCA. The fee is $15 per session. For more information, call 320-9869 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
submissions are due
Bradwell Institute is building a "Cat Walk of Fame" featuring former BI athletes who played sports at the college level. Tigers coach Jeff Miller and his assistants have a partial list of athletes and are gathering names and photos, but they’d like more.
To be eligible for the Cat Walk of Fame, the former athlete must have graduated from Bradwell Institute, played sports at the college level and graduated from college. To submit names or photos, email them to email@example.com or mail them, along with a self-addressed stamped envelope for return, to:
Attn: Jeff Miller
100 Pafford St.
Hinesville, GA 31313
For more information, call 368-6123.
Scholarship applications are available for the annual Henry ‘Hank’ White Memorial Scholarship and must be postmarked no later than April 25:
Grants available include:
• First Calvary Missionary Baptist Church senior, two $1,000 scholarships, applications at the church.
• Bradwell Institute senior, one $1,000 scholarship, applications in the guidance office.
• Liberty County High School senior, one $1,000 scholarship, applications in the guidance office.
• Active-duty military, undergraduate, one $1,000 scholarship, applications at the Liberty County Chamber of Commerce/Welcome Center at 425 W. Oglethorpe Highway and at the Fort Stewart Army Education Center at 100 Knowledge Drive building 100.
• Community, undergraduate, Liberty County resident, one $1,000 scholarship, applications at the Chamber office.
Call Derrick Taylor or Janice Taylor at 876-4513 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.