Searching for an easy, healthy weeknight meal the family will rave about? Add Julia McGuinnis’ light and delicious spaghetti squash to your menu.
To add a bit of protein, you can serve it with chicken, but it would be de-lish on its own as well.
See step-by-step photos of Julia’s recipe plus thousands more from home cooks nationwide at www.justapinch.com/spaghettisquash.
You’ll also find a meal planner, coupons and chances to win! Enjoy and remember — use “just a pinch.”
What you need
2 tbsp olive oil
6 cloves minced garlic
1 large tomato
4 cups baby spinach
2 cups spaghetti squash
Salt and pepper, to taste
• To cook spaghetti squash quickly, make several holes in the squash using a fork. Then pop it in the microwave for about 10 to
12 minutes (about four to five minutes a pound).
• Allow to cool for several minutes in microwave.
• Remove from microwave and cut open lengthwise.
• Using a fork, scrape out contents (it will be stringy) into a bowl and set aside.
• In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook until just turning brown.
• Add the tomato. Sprinkle with a bit of salt.
• Top with the spinach leaves and cover for about two minutes. The spinach will cook and reduce down.
• Uncover. Break up the spinach. It will start to clump together once cooked.
• Add the spaghetti squash a little at a time and stir in. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
• Add parsley as a nice garnish and serve.
©2011 Just A Pinch Recipe Club. Presented by American Hometown Media. Used by permission.