Fort Stewart-Hunter Army Airfield has announced its plans due to hurricane Matthew’s approach:
Military personnel who live off post in a mandatory evacuation area:
Soldiers will follow guidance of their chain of command. Army civilian employees, except for key and essential emergency personnel, who are impacted by civilian authority evacuation orders are released effective immediately. All other Army civilians are released at 4 p.m. today.
If you stay or if you evacuate, go to:
Or call 1-800-833-6622 to update your location in the Army Disaster Personnel Accountability and Assessment System.
Fort Stewart continues business as normal until 4 p.m. today.
Fort Stewart will implement base closure at 6 a.m. Friday and remain closed until 6 a.m. Sunday. That means services, except as noted below, will be stopped.
Gates will maintain their normal holiday operations. This means gates 1, 3, 4 and 5 are open. The visitor control center will close until 6 a.m. Sunday.
All MWR facilities will be closed today at 4 p.m. and all day Friday and Saturday and reopen on Sunday at normal hours for those scheduled to be open.
The Post Exchange, commissary and pharmacy will remain open until 2 p.m. Friday.
The Fort Stewart 24-hour exchange gas station will be open until 8 p.m. Friday and reopen at 6 a.m. Sunday.
Winn Army Community emergency room will remain open throughout the storm.
Richmond Hill Medical Home, North Troop Medical Clinic, Hawkes Troop Medical Clinic and Tuttle medical clinic close Friday.
All Fort Stewart dental clinics will be closed Friday. Normal operations will resume on Tuesday. If you have a dental emergency during this time report to WACH emergency room.
For updates, call the installation hotline 1-866-586-3116.
Open Red Cross shelters are:
* Bibb County: Hephzibah Children's Home, 6601 Zebulon Rd, Macon, GA 31220
* Bibb County: North Macon Park, 815 North Macon Park Drive, Macon, GA 31220
* Colquitt County: First Baptist Church, 400 Main St, Moultrie, GA 31768
* Emanuel County: Swainsboro Rec. Dept., 632 McLeod Bridge Rd, Swainsboro, GA 30401
* Lowndes County: Park Avenue Methodist Church, 100 E. Park Ave., Valdosta, GA 31602
* Peach County: Peach County Fire Station 6, 1770 US Hwy 341, Fort Valley, GA 31030
* Richmond County: Trinity on the Hill United Methodist Church, 1330 Monte Sano Ave, Augusta, GA 30904