Liberty County School System
Please assist in making graduation a pleasant experience and reducing time during the security checks by remembering that, noise makers, alcohol, weapons, coolers, food, drinks, balloons, pets, and distracting items, such as beach balls, are not allowed in the stadiums.
All bags are subject to search. No smoking is allowed on any school property, including the parking areas.
Those planning to attend either ceremony may wish to arrive early to allow time to park, lineup for a security check, and find a seat.
Both graduations will be live streamed at www.liberty.k12.ga.us/graduation2018. The stream will be accessible 30 minutes prior to the start of each ceremony. Video of the ceremonies will be housed at www.liberty.k12.ga.us/graduation2018 for a few weeks after the ceremonies.
BI’s graduation will be at Olvey Field at 8 p.m. Friday, May 18. Guests will be allowed to sit on both sides of the stadium and may enter through the home and visitor gates on corners of the field. The gates will be open at 6:30 p.m. If it rains, graduation will be moved to the Bradwell gym. Each graduate will receive tickets to give to family and friends if weather forces the change, and due to space limitations, only those possessing tickets will be allowed into the gym.
Liberty County High School
LCHS’s graduation will be at Donell Woods Stadium at 7 p.m. Saturday, May 19. Guests will be allowed to sit on both sides of the stadium and may enter through the home or visitor gates at the entrance of the stadium. The gates will open at 5 p.m. If it rains, graduation will be moved to the school gym. Each graduate will receive tickets to give to family and friends if weather forces the change, and due to space limitations, only those possessing tickets will be allowed into the gym.
Traffic alert for Liberty
Due to concerns for public safety, all vehicles will be restricted from parking along Highway 84. Parking will be limited to three sites, and a free shuttle service will run between two of the sites and the campus. The traffic management plan is as follows:
• Liberty County Sheriff’s Office will restrict vehicles from parking along 84, one mile east and west of LCHS.
• Caution barrels will be placed along the sides of the the highway to restrict parking.
• Graduation attendees will be directed to park at one of the following locations: Liberty County High, Snelson-Golden Middle and Midway Middle.
• A free shuttle will provide transportation to and from Snelson-Golden Middle and Midway Middle. The shuttles start at 4:30 p.m. and run every 30 minutes until 6:30 from both locations.
• There is limited parking on the LCHS campus therefore it is recommend that you use the free shuttle. Note that parking on campus will be on a first come, first served basis.