Due to forecasted inclement weather the following measures are effective on Fort Stewart-Hunter Army Airfield effective today and Wednesday.
Personnel and services:
* Fort Stewart and Hunter Army Airfield will be closed on Wednesday. Emergency services (police, fire, ambulance, 911) will remain operational.
* All soldiers will be released from duty at noon Tuesday.
* Department of the Army civilians and contractors will be released at 12:30 p.m. Tuesday. Army civilians regularly scheduled to work Tuesday and Wednesday will be placed on administrative leave effective 12:30 p.m. Tuesday.
* All facilities and agencies will close at noon Tuesday and remain closed Wednesday, with the exception to the following:
* Commissaries will remain open until 1:30 p.m. Tuesday and will remain closed Wednesday.
* All Fort Stewart and Hunter Army Airfield MEDDAC outpatient clinics and pharmacies will close noon Tuesday and will remain closed Wednesday. The Winn ACH Emergency Department, Labor and Delivery and all inpatient wards will remain open. The MEDDAC staff is contacting patients who have appointments scheduled during the closure to reschedule them.
* All CYSS facilities will close 12:30 p.m. Tuesday. Children at the child development centers must be picked up no later than 12:30 p.m. Youth Sports and Middle School and Teen programs will not be open. Operating hours are subject to change depending on the inclement weather.
* Fort Stewart Schools will be dismissing students at noon and all employees at 12:30 p.m. Tuesday. Fort Stewart Schools will be closed on Wednesday. Calls and emails will be sent to parents for updated information throughout the week.
* Fort Stewart's Marne Express Shoppette will remain open, 24/7.
* Hunter Army Airfield's Hunter Corner Express will remain open, 24/7.
* The Exchanges on Stewart and Hunter will close at 4 p.m. Tuesday and remain closed Wednesday.
* Range control (minimal staffing)
* Installation Operations Center (minimal staffing)
* Directorate of Emergency Services Security Personnel
Gates/entry control points:
* Normal gate operating hours will remain in effect until 4 p.m. Tuesday.
* Only the following Fort Stewart gates will be open after 4 p.m. Tuesday.
* Gate 1, 24/7
* Gate 5, 24/7
* Gate 8, 24/7
* Gate 7c, 24/7
* Only the following Hunter Army Airfield access points will remain open after 4 p.m. Tuesday.
* Montgomery Gate, 24/7
* Rio Gate, 24/7
* On-post residents and building monitors should report any weather-related damage to the DPW Service Order desk at 767-2883 on Fort Stewart or 315-4003 on Hunter Army Airfield.
* When black road conditions are declared, only mission-essential personnel and those living on-post will be allowed onto Fort Stewart and Hunter. On-post driving will be restricted during icy conditions. Use common sense, stay off the roads!
* Stay tuned to the Team Stewart website at www.stewart.army.mil and the Third Infantry Division Facebook for updates at www.facebook.com/3rd.Infantry.Division. Additional information for severe weather preparedness can be found at http://www.ready.gov/winter-weather <http://www.ready.gov/winter-weather> .